Thursday, October 19, 2006

Back in the Pool

Thanks for all the comments about my son. He seems to have fully recovered and returned to school today. Now lets just hope the rest of the family can avoid catching it.

I had shifted my work schedule around this week for the long run yesterday and a field trip with my daughter’s class today. I have such a great flexible job. But due to the rain forecasted for today, the field trip to the pumpkin patch was rescheduled for next week. Therefore, I decided to go ahead and work today, but not until a got a swim in. I dropped the kids off at school then went to the Rec Center. It has been a while since I have been in the pool, so long in fact, that I forgot to take my earrings out. About 2 years ago I lost both my diamond earrings in the Rec Center pool. I was able to find one but could not find the other. A life guard offered to look for it on his break. Much to my surprise he was able to find it. I have not swam in my earrings since. But today after swimming 9 lengths I realized that I had forgotten. When I reached the wall at 10 lengths, I jumped out to remove them. I got back in to finish. I swam 1750 yards in 37:52.
Tonight’s soccer practice was cancelled, I think due to loss of hope. The last cheerleading practice was at the Rec Center tonight. So Tracy and I lifted some upper body weights while they practiced. We didn’t work too hard, it was as much killing time as it was workout but maybe we burned a calorie or two.

1 comment:

Phil said...

So who's giving up hope on your soccer team? I co-coached a soccer team for 5 years ... there is always hope.

Funny story about your ear-rings. I've come to realize that women have a much more complicated exercise life than men. I've never worried about ear-rings, sports bras, running at night alone, etc. Boy, do we have it easy.