Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Slacker

This morning when the alarm went off, I just could NOT get out of bed. I reset the clock for 6:20 and went back to sleep. So much for hard core.
I am hoping with this extra rest day that I will be able to hit target on tomorrow’s tempo run. I really need the confidence boost.
I am switching things around AGAIN this week. The schedule has a 10 mile at marathon pace for tomorrow, a 15 miler for Friday, and a 20 miler next week. But the Goodlettsville half marathon is next week so I am going to do next weeks 6 mile tempo tomorrow and the 20 miles on Friday, then next week I will do the scheduled speed work, the 10 miler and the half marathon as my 3 key runs.
Man, this marathon is getting close!!!!

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Relax. It's not that bad to adjust the schedule. You will do great.

Anonymous said...

A true hardcore runner knows when to take a day off!

Phil said...

Good to see you resting for a day. This will help. I wouldn't recommend running 10 miles at MP three days before running a 1/2 marathon. Since the 1/2 is a tune up, why don't you use it as your MP tempo run; that is, I'd suggest that you focus on getting the feel of your MP running the 1/2 instead of banging out a 10 miler at MP. You can run the 10 miler as a general aerobic run to ensure your legs are somewhat fresh for the 1/2

Dubs said...

Hang in there!

On the flip side.. you had hard core sleeping! You body probably needed it. Taking a day off is better than over-doing and injury... don't beat yourself up and enjoy the extra rest you needed. :)

LoneStarCrank said...

Trust us on this one... you are NOT a slacker! Your body will thank you for the day off.