Monday, October 23, 2006

Just the Facts

This is going to be short and to the point. I still have 1000 things to do before I can go to bed.
Yesterday I rested/recovered after the century ride Saturday.
This morning I got up at 4:45 for speed work. It was a COLD 34 degrees.
The plan called for 3 x (2x1200) (2 min RI) (4 min RI between sets)
Being lazy again, I just programmed my Garmin and ran in the neighborhood instead of driving over to the track.
Numbers look like this
Warm up 1.86 miles in 19:21
Set 1 5:58 and 6:09
Set 2 6:22 and 6:18
Set 3 6:16 and 6:28
Cool down 1.05 miles in 11:35
Nothing impressive or even at target but I am getting use to that feeling now.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Michele, you need to take a recovery day between pounding out 100 miles on the bike and running a speed workout. I'm impressed that you got out of bed at all; however, you aren't getting the full benifit of the speed workout if your body is protesting the abuse it took the day before. Since you are training for a marathon in 5 weeks, Í'd suggest that you use your bike for cross training on your rest days and focus on your running program.

You are an incredibly strong runner, but you'll be a incredibly strong and happy runner if you work in the appropriate rest/xtraining days into your weekly schedule and get in all the speed/tempo runs your plan calls for. (Just a thought)

LoneStarCrank said...

Wow... that's dedication and a little crazy. Ditto with Jodi. Take care of yourself now so in 5 weeks you can rock!