Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in the Saddle

Whoo, am I glad that is over. The alarm went off at 6:00 and I looked out the window, from bed, and deemed it still too dark to ride so I hit snooze. When the alarm went off again, I knew I was just making excuses so I got up. I took my time getting dressed and almost just said heck with it. I finally made it out the door at 6:30. I will admit I was nervous getting back on my bike but I had to do it sometime. I decided that since it had only been 9 hours since my tempo run that I would just do the Matt’s Hollow route. I rode the 16.75 miles in 1:06:15. Nothing to brag about but I got back in the saddle and felt good.

7 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Glad to hear you're back in the saddle again. Nice idea to switch the run workout. I'm down to my last 2 weeks of the same program. I think it's going to work great.

Dubs said...

Impressive - I'd be a scardy cat!

Did you get your new helmet you wanted? Hope it fit well (I know nothing about cycling - so maybe that is a stupid question).

Good job on the tempo run - hope he is right about the bandage! Regardless, gotta keep it clean so it won't scar!

Thomas said...

Glad to hear you're not too scared to hit the road again. And I really hope the elbow will be better soon. I have to wince every time I see that photo.

Anonymous said...

I can hear Gene Autry now. Great job.

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job!!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job! Way to get back in the saddle again! You're a strong woman!

Phil said...

Awesome Michele. You got right back on your bike after the crash and started riding again. Very impressive.