Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lucky Star

I got up this morning at 4:45 ready to run. I ate some blue sports beans (yummy), got dressed (in lots of layers), and headed out into the cold (34 degrees). I had promised myself, after taking yesterday off, that I was going to hit goal today.
With all the switching around, my plan for today was 6 miles (1 easy and 5 at MT). During the first mile I saw a shooting star and made a wish. “I wish that I could hit target pace today.”
I ran the easy mile in 9:52
Time to pick it up. The tempo miles looked like this:
8:35, 8:21, 8:25, 8:13, and 8:02.
Hooray for me, I FINALLY hit pace!!
I had to push myself really hard and kept saying “don’t leave anything in the tank” over and over in my head so that I won’t slow down just for the sake of going slower. I felt great the whole run and it really makes me feel better to have hit target. I needed the boost to my confidence.
After the run, I got cleaned up and took the kids to school. I went with my daughter’s class on a field trip to the pumpkin patch.I was assigned my kids plus another little girl. She was wild! I lost her 3 times while she was in the hay maze. We did have a great time but I am exhausted.
Last night was the last soccer practice, tonight is the last football practice, and Saturday is the last games!!! Then I get a small break before basketball cheerleading starts up.

5 comments:

Rae said...

Cute pic!!! You know, I don't think I would recognize you in street clothes! (I don't think I'd recognize ANY of the RBFers in street clothes!) We all clean up SO nice!!!

Great job on hitting pace!!!

We're thinking about the Team Half, it depends on how Saturday goes!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to Go! Great Job! Enjoy the busy time with your kids.... they grow up too soon!

Phil said...

Great tempo run Michele. Finishing out at 8:02 was a real accomplishment. It's amazing what you can do when you get a little rest between hard work outs.

Cute pic. Nice to see that it's cooling off somewhere in the country :)

Thomas said...

Nice progression on the run, and an even nicer photo with the pumpkins.

Dubs said...

GREAT job on the run! Good picture too!

Can you count chasing the other kid around as "cross training"? hee hee!