Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

This morning was the pumpkin painting contest at school.
I got the kids dropped off and took pictures of all the kids in their classroom with their pumpkins. I rushed home to meet Tracy for a quick ride. We did the Matt’s Hollow/Pomroy 20.95 mile loop. I am too lazy to go look at my computer for the time right now but I know we did not go fast. It was a beautiful morning but there was a fairly strong wind. There were times when the cross wind would gust so hard I was afraid of being blown over or into Tracy. The wind also made it hard to hear traffic behind us.
After the ride, I rushed to get cleaned up to meet my daughter at school for the 1st grade parent lunch.
Tonight is Trick-or-Treating. I LOVE trick-or-treating but I don’t need all that candy in the house to really test my will power!!

Tomorrow is 10 miles at planned marathon pace. I am really nervous. I hope I can pull it off. Saturday is the Goodlettsville half marathon and I am substituting it for my 15 mile run this week. Then I will be just 4 weeks from marathon day!! Yikes it is getting close!

3 comments:

Phil said...

Good luck on your 10 miler at MP tomorrow. Start out a little slow and speed up over the first couple of miles. Just keep it nice and steady.

MNFirefly said...

Good luck on the 10 miler.

Very cute pictures!!

jen said...

Great pictures Michele!

Nice pace on your mile repeats. Those long intervals are so tough!!

Good luck on your Goal Pace run! I am doing the same thing on Friday morning. We can do it! :)