Monday, February 19, 2007

Always Wear Clean Underwear

Yesterday I waited until the snow was melting and it was a littler warmer out to run. So at about noon, I suited up and hit the streets. It was sunny and 31 with a wind chill of 22. The streets were just about completely clear and I only had to deal with one patch of ice. I ran 6.32 miles in 60 minutes.
That put a wrap on recovery week and it is a good thing because I have gained back 3 pounds.

This morning kicked off Base 2. Each week in this phase has a “theme”, this week is swimming. I got up at 5:30 and went to the pool. On tap for today, a long swim.
Warm up: 4 x 150 swim, kick, pull, swim
Main: 1650 ladder, starting with 275, 250, 225…until 25
Cool down: 200 easy
The only thing good about today’s swim is that it is over. I felt like a rock the whole time and could never get my stroke to feel right. I was slow too, 55:43 total swim time.

The kids are out of school today for President’s Day and we are waiting for the satellite guy to show up. We have not had TV since Tuesday night and we are all going crazy.

Embarrassing story:
Saturday afternoon was the awards ceremony for basketball/cheerleading. After swimming, I showered and dressed. I put on a pair of my old favorite Levi’s that are well worn and have two tiny holes where the pocket is sewn to the pants. At the ceremony, they called each team one at a time to the front of the gym and gave each child a trophy. The coaches all had to go up front with their team too. After collecting our trophies, we stood in the circle at center court and had our pictures taken. As we walked back to the sideline, one of the mother’s of one of my cheerleaders as me “Do you know you have a hole in your pants?” I said “Yes”. She just looked at me and walked off. When I got home I walked by the mirror and saw that I did not just have a hole, the back of my jeans were ripped from the top of the pocket down past the bottom of the pocket. My pretty plaid panties were hanging out for everyone to see. I had to call the mother who told me about the hole and let her know that I knew about a small hole by the pocket not the fact that my whole rear end was hanging out. She laughed and said she wonder why I was so casual about it.

11 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Oh my!! Well atleast they were "pretty and plaid"! haha

Joe said...

I hate those swim practices where you can't get a feel for the water. I guess that's how a cat feels in water, huh?

I love your hole in the pants story! Hahahaha.

Brooke said...

That is too funny.

TriShannon said...

Oh no... too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your story was worthless without pictures...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Great story!

MNFirefly said...

Oh wow! That's SO embarressing!

Laurie said...

That is Hysterical! I'm glad you called her!

Lance Notstrong said...

Pray no one had a digital camera or you might end up on the internet!!! I can see it now.....Triathletes Gone Wild LOL!!!

jen said...

Michele, that's hilarious. :D Good thing you have a sense of humor.

Great job on the swim!!

Andres, JCT said...

My wife had the same thing happen to her at a coffeee shop but my wife does not wear underwear. rather funny.