Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ten Toes…

And nine toe nails. Yep, I lost a toe nail last night. I have bruised my toes several times and had loose nails but none have actually fallen off until now. I still have a loose one on the other foot too.
A couple years ago my daughter slammed her finger in the van door and ended up loosing her finger nail a few months later. It just happened to fall off right after my son had gotten a visit from the tooth fairy and she was upset about not having any loose teeth. Well turns out the tooth fairy also leaves a dollar for any lost fingernails. So When I showed my kids my toe, my son told me to put it under my pillow so the tooth fairy would bring me some money. I was hoping for new tri clothes. :)

Well on to my training…
The plan called for a 2 hour ride and a 30 minute run NOT back to back. We had out last basketball game to cheer at this morning so I waited until we got home at 10:00 to get changed and on my trainer. I did my 2 hours while watching the end of one movie then all of another. Either I didn’t get the second movie or it was just plain stupid, but at least my 2 hours went by pretty quickly. I was proud of myself for pushing harder today and I ended up with just over 30 miles. It still isn’t great but sure beats the easy rides I have been doing.
I made the kids lunch, did some laundry, and ate Fig Newtons while waiting for Ronnie to get home. Once he got home I headed out for my 30 minute run. I felt GREAT. It was suppose to be an easy run. Sub 9 felt easy. I ran 3.49 miles in 30 minutes, 8:35 pace.

5 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Ahhhh Bring those WEIRD tales to the Normal side... You Toe-Nail Fairy --haha I love it...

Come on Michele get WEIRD with us!

I am on a QUEST to prove the definition Society puts on the word "WEIRD" actually means "Normal" to us!

READ Lisa B's POST you will Crack UP!!

Stop by to read the Complete Details :-) SEND your Blog FRIENDS over and join us in PROVING this very important issue --LOL Well not that important but it is FUN to Express our WEIRDNESS, I mean normalcy:-) that makes us unique.

Thanks,

Bob

Kate said...

Nice work! It's awesome when sub-9 feels easy (I think- haven't felt that way for awhile now!)

Anonymous said...

I once read that loosing a toe nail is a runner's badge of courage. Celebrate the honor!

MNFirefly said...

OUCHHH!

Phil said...

8:35/mi with a missing toe nail! Now that's running!. Congrats on the great run and hope that nail grows back quickly.