Thursday, February 01, 2007

Not Following the Plan

Yesterday my schedule called for a rest day but I got up and went to toning class anyway. Then last night Lana and I went to the swimming class at the Williamson County Rec Center. I left my house a 4:50 and didn’t get home until 9:20. I really don’t know how feasible this class is going to be. The class itself was good. Coach Ashley put Lana and I in the same lane with 3 other people that were suppose to be about the same speed as us. I am not use to sharing a lane and I can’t even tell you how many times I swam into the lane rope. I didn’t keep up with how far we swam but best I can estimate it was 2400 meters. Coach Ashley told me I need to work on my glide.

The weather man was calling for snow but when I got home last night it still was not snowing. Leave it to the Coffee County School system to call off school based on the forecast. At 9:50 something last night it was on the local news website that we were closed. We did end up getting some snow and the kids got out in it a little before it completely melted.

The snow day messed up my training for the day. The plan was to drop the kids at school, do a 75 minute tempo run outside, and a speed session at the pool. Since I knew the kids would be home for the day, I got up at 5:45 this morning to get my 75 minute tempo run in before my husband had to leave for work, but the swim still hasn’t happened and it is looking less and less promising. Oh well, I got speed work in last night at the swim class on my rest day.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Thanks for estimate of how far we swam last night. I was going to ask you that so I'd have something to put in my log.

jen said...

That swim class sounds pretty cool.

You are doing great with your training, even if you don't exactly hit every scheduled workout. I am impressed with how hard you try though for sure. :) Keep it up and continue be flexible when you have to.

Anonymous said...

We only had a dusting and the roads were clear but t first they delayed school for two hours. After all the snow had moved out of the area they decided to close school for the day. Go figure.

Rae said...

Maybe you guys can get enough people down in M interested that she'd go down there to teach a class???

FINALLY, we got some snow too!!! I just hope it's still there when work ends!