Monday, February 12, 2007

Rest Day

That is what my schedule says anyway. But since Wednesday is Valentine’s Day, Lana and I decided to go to swim class tonight. No rest for me.

Apparently there is something about having 5 people in a lane that causes me to swim into the lane rope. 2 weeks ago, I thought for sure I would be bruised on my right side from hitting the rope so many times. But last week we only had 3 people in our lane and I only hit the rope a couple of times. Well tonight we had 5 people again and I hit that rope more times then I can count. Guess it is good practice for those mass start races.

I had a lot of trouble when she had us swimming on our sides but it was only for 75 yards and with fins so I made it through it. Since Lana and I were a little late and cut the warm up short we stayed late and added 300 yards to the cool down for a total of 2000 yards for the class.

3 comments:

Kate said...

You will take a rest day, right? Stupid lane ropes- I seem to swim into them more in groups than by myself. So embarrassing! It makes such a difference when you're doing 25s!

Joe said...

Do you ever whack your fingers against the lane rope? Ouch that hurts!

DV said...

do you ever rest?? yea, when i swim on my side i torpedo down... not pretty!