Monday, February 05, 2007

Rest and Swim

Yesterday my training plan said “Rest Day, do as little as possible”. Boy did I take that one to heart. I laid around in my PJ’s all day.
But this morning it was time to get back to work. I got up at 5:20 and drove over to the pool. The plan had a long swim scheduled.
4 x 75 warm up
500 swim, 500 kick, 500 pull, and 500 swim for the main set
100 swim and 100 back stroke for cool down.
The kick didn’t go much better today then it did Friday. I was still very slow and I almost quit after 200 yards. It didn’t help that I saw Tracy looking down at me from the weight room laughing. The rest of the swim went fine until the back stroke. I am glad Tracy was gone by then otherwise she would have really had something to laugh at.

I rushed home after the swim and got myself and the kids ready for work/school. I dropped them off and was at work one hour and 15 minutes when my son’s teacher called to tell me he was sick. Great, I haven’t worked since Wednesday and now I have to tell my boss I have to leave. I packed up some work to do at home and promised that if my son was able to go to school tomorrow I would come to work (after I get my ride/run in). :)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I love PJ days.

Joe said...

I sit around in my PJ's all day even when it's not a rest day.

Wow that's a long main set. I think I would die of boredom if I had to do that one. Kudos to you for sticking it out.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I can't do backstroke either. I get water in my face and in my nose and almost drown! Briar is good at it, I keep telling him he needs to teach me how to do it so I won't embarrass myself the next time it's on my plan.

jen said...

Good for you making the most out of your rest day. :) Great job on the swimming and biking and running. Your training is really impressive!