Thursday, February 08, 2007

Improving The Plan

Yesterday The Plan called for a rest day but I HAD to go to the 5:30 am toning class, it is the only time all week where I lift any kind of weights or do any ab work. Class was good.
Then last night Lana and I went up to the Williamson County Rec center for the triathletes swim class again. It went like this:
500 warm up
6 x 100 (25 under water no breath, 25 easy touch and pull, 25 hard, 25 easy touch and pull) with fins
6 x 200 pull
200 cool down
I did not make it even one time all the way across the pool without a breath; I always came up just short.
On the pulls, Coach Ashley put me on stroke counts and told me to get across the pool in 22 or less strokes. I was able to do it every time, but I did take a BIG push off the wall. My glide needs work.

Today the plan said
Today we’ll do swimming and running together for a super endurance day. Keep the run at easy pace.
Swim: Speed day.
Warm up 400 continuous, last 50 in each 100 is kick.
Main: 10 x 100 (25 easy, 25 build, 25 easy, 25 hard)
Cool down 6x 25, each slower than the last
Run:
90 minute long run. Keep RPE at 2-3, no harder! Stretch well afterwards and have a good recovery meal.

So I dropped the kids at school and went to the Rec Center. The swim was uneventful. It took 33:08. I tried to work on my glide and rolling my shoulder and hip together. Maybe I can make an improvement before the next swim class.
I got dried off, into my cold weather running clothes, and hit the Greenway. I was worried about the run because I didn’t rest yesterday. But all was well and I ran 9.76 miles in 1:30:06 for a 9:19 pace.
My stretching was cleaning the carpet (my dog threw up 5 times Tuesday night) and my recovery meal was 3 shrimp egg rolls and 3 chips ahoy.

7 comments:

TriShannon said...

Wow, great training day. I have been working on my swim technique as well. It is hard work when you actually focus on it.

Anonymous said...

I really like your "traning table". Your recovery meal is my kind of menu!

Janet Edwards said...

I hear ya on the toning classes...I always find them to be more of a pleasure to take than feel like I need to do them!

Nice swim!

Joe said...

Yeah, those underwater lengths are hard. Keep trying, you'll get it.

Chips Ahoy, Matey!

Rae said...

Great job with the workouts!!!

I have to avoid the cookie aisle. That's the danger zone for me!!!! Thank goodness for office birthdays though!! That's where I get my sweet treats! =)

Phil said...

Great day of training and very nice run! Sorry the dog got sick.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Great job on the swim/run. You held a great pace for almost 10 miles!