Sunday, February 25, 2007

Base 2- Week 1 DONE!

I enjoyed my rest day Friday and even carried it into Saturday morning by sleeping until 8:30!!!

My babysitter came over at 11:45 on Saturday and I went to the Rec center to meet Joe. We had a reverse tri on the schedule (30 minute run, 60 minute bike, and 30 minute swim).

It has rained for about 10 minutes right before we started and it was WINDY!!!!! We ran through town. On a short out and back on 41 we ran into Lana, she was getting a run in before going mountain biking with her husband. Joe and I ended up with 3.79 miles in 33:11, 8:45 pace. We stopped by my van to get our bikes and some additional clothing. It was really weird for me to be back on my bike outside. The last road ride I did was in November. It took a while for me to feel comfortable. We did the Normandy loop. The wind was brutal. Whenever we turned into the wind, it was like hitting a wall. Joe has been sick and really started to struggle on the bike. We slowed down and just tried to finish. We ended up with 18.09 miles in 1:13:15. Joe decided he better call it quits and called his wife to come pick him up while I headed to the pool. I swam 1550 yards in 29:58. Overall, I am happy with how I felt. I hate that Joe was sick, he is usually so strong on the bike and I was really hoping that with his help I could finish the Normandy loop in an hour. Maybe next time!

Today was my last swim for this swim focused week and it was a long one.
Warm up: 4 x 75, last 25 in each backstroke 6:15
Main: 4 x 750 15:01, 15:08, 14:54, and 14:49
Cool down: 3 x 50 easy 3:00
Total 3450 yards in 1:09 (time does not include the one minute rest I took between sets)

My diet has been HORRIBLE lately. Ronnie’s last day at his job was Friday and one of the girls made him a Sundrop cake that he tried to hide from me. My junk food sensors found it and so I had to eat a piece. Another girl gave him a box of chocolates; I had to help him eat them too. Then he bought some more Girl Scout cookies, I polished off an entire box already. No more!!! It is time to get off the junk and get the scale moving back in the right direction.

8 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on your run saturday! You're quite the speed-racer!

As far as your comment on your diet... just think of it this way.. tomorrow begins a new week! Start over, he he he!

Rae said...

8:30 sounds heavenly!! Were your kids gone to a sleepover????

Great job with the brick! Sat weather turned nasty way earlier than predicted!!

TJ said...

good job getting the work done.
you deserve a little indulgence after a big workout...right?

Lance Notstrong said...

Girl Scout cookies are evil. They sit there in the box just calling to you. And you can never buy just one box.

TriSonq said...

Hey Fellow Tennessean!

We do have a lot of the same races. Tom King is coming up. Are you ready?

Brooke said...

I'm sitting here eating 3 caramel delights as I read your post, so you get no judgements here.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job on the tri! That wind was nasty Saturday!

I managed to give away one box Thin Mints, but I'm having trouble getting rid of my Tag-A-Longs...ugh. I had stood firm and not ordered any this year, only to find out that Bailey had charmed J.T. into buying 4 boxes!! And he won't eat them!!

TriShannon said...

Great job on the reverse tri... what a day!

So glad girl scout cookies are only around for a short period of time. I have no will power when it comes to Thin Mints. :)