Tuesday, February 20, 2007

They can't all be good

This morning after dropping the kids at school, I went to the pool. The schedule called for a speed day.

warm up 400 continuous, last 50 in each 100 kick
main: 9 x 100 (25 easy, 25 build, 25 easy, 25 hard) I did them on 2:15
cool down: 6 x 25 I did touch and pull

I was feeling good in the water today, rock no more. The 1450 yards took a total of 31:09 to swim. The kick and touch and pull both slowed me down, but I felt great about the swim.
I got home, changed, and got on my trainer. Not so good. I started out doing a interval training DVD. After about 15 minutes, I dropped my chain. I got off my bike, fixed my chain, and turned off the DVD. I watched E! instead. I finished up the hour but not with great stats. Oh, well. It is a swim focused week and my swim went great.
By the way, I looked back at my race swim times and compared them to my time trial that I did last week. My time trial was FASTER then all my race swim except Waterfront where I swam in the river WITH the current and Music City where I wore a wetsuit. All this time in the water must be doing some good.

6 comments:

Joe said...

Your main set sounds fun.

Laurie said...

That's such a good feeling...When you can see results. i hope I can swim like that someday. BTW..I think a crew of us are coming to Manchester to do the St. Patricks Day run March 10th.

jen said...

Great job on your swim, you are so fast!

Phil said...

Your swimming is really coming along Michele! Congratulations.

MNFirefly said...

Great job on the swim.

Janet Edwards said...

Kudos to you and you swim improvement!!