Friday, August 17, 2007

Finishing Week 2

Yesterday was a 5 mile recovery run. I met Lana and Mike at the Rec Center and we ran interstate drive and through town. The loop was a little short so we had to do an out and back on the green way. 5 miles in 51:30, 10:19 pace. Average heart rate was 142. Nice recovery. We all then went inside to the pool. I did 2 x 500 very slow. I worked on form and felt pretty good.

This morning I met Joe and Lana at Joe’s house at 4:30 for our 13 miler. We had decided to do the Matt’s Hollow loop and Joe offered to put water and gels out at halfway. I hung pretty close to Joe and Lana for the first half but still behind. We stopped at 6.5 miles, drank a bottle of water and took a gel. I was feeling great. I picked up the pace for the second half and finished still feeling great. 13.25 miles in 2:05:55, 9:30 pace. Average heart rate 160.

Here are my splits.
9:47, 9:54, 9:43, 9:37, 9:40, 9:18, 11:02 (water and gel stop), 9:24, 9:09, 9:08, 9:13, 8:55, 8:59 and the extra 0.25 miles to get to the end of the road was done at 8:38 pace.

I am thrilled with the negative spilt and how I felt the whole run. I still can’t keep up with Joe and Lana but…

5 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awesome run, Michele!! Nothing makes me happier than a negative split! I was VERY glad to come back with a strong run after struggling on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

Those are great splits! You should really be feeling good about your effort this week. So far, what do you think about the Pfitz plan? Can you tell a difference that the strides have on your training?

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job!!!

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job!!

Brooke said...

THose look like great times to me.