Thursday, August 30, 2007

Week 4 Day 6 - No Wonder I am Tired

I just logged my workout in my training log and looked back to see when my last rest day was. Aug 18th, almost 2 weeks ago!!! No wonder I was about to fall asleep at my desk today. Tomorrow I am resting and enjoying every lazy second.

Today was a recovery day. I met Amy and Mike at the Rec Center at 5:00 this morning. Lana sent me a text message that she was sick and not coming and Holly pulled a no show. We gave Holly 10 minutes then took off without her. Amy wanted to run the route for the race this weekend. She is concerned about the run being first and a mass start. She doesn’t want to be the last one into transition. She did great and has no reason to worry about the race. Mike and I went on to run another mile since my plan called for 4 miles and we all know how I am about The Plan.

After the run, we all went inside to swim. Saturdays swim in only 200 yards so I swam 2 x 200 to get a feel for my time. Slow!! After that I did 3 x 200 drills. Man, I can sure swim fast with fins!

5 comments:

Curro Ergo Sum said...

Enjoy your break. Well deserved, especially since you did it in the heat of a Tennessee summer!

Lisa said...

Michele, you really deserve a break. Take your rest days or you'll not only be sleepy but crazy. :) My 15 turned into 16.5 this morning in 2:43:06 but I suspect my old garmin was off. I'm logging it as 15.5 because I know that 13 miler a few wks ago was off. Good Luck tomorrow and with your 15 miler!

Lance Notstrong said...

Too bad they won't let use wear fins in the races!!!

Dubs said...

Good for you. Labor day - celebrate it - put your feet up!! :)

Tri-Dummy said...

I agree with Lisa. You have an upcoming WELL DESERVED break. enjoy!