Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Week 4 Day 5-Cross Training

So today was a rest/cross training day. I really wanted to rest but my eating habits are not allowing for non exercise days right now. So this morning I went to the Rec Center and rode the stationary bike for twenty minutes before the 5:30 toning class. As I walked into class the instructor asked what I wanted to work today. I said “Core or anything but legs”. We still did some legs and my dead tired legs felt every move I made. We did do a lot of core work. I should be sporting a 6 pack by now.

My bike rack came yesterday and my hitch came today. Ronnie put a hitch on his car a while back. He did it alone and said it was very easy. So I got out there tonight and put the bike rack together and then Ronnie came out to help me put the hitch on. It took forever. We had so many problems it isn’t even funny. My forearms are so sore from trying to hold up the hitch, pull it to match holes and tighten bolts all at the same time. I am thinking it would have been worth the extra 100 bucks to have had someone else do it for us. Tomorrow I will see if I can get the rack on my car.

The rest of this week we are doing some shuffling of the schedule. We have the STAR Tri on Saturday and the long run this week is 15 miles. We are moving the long run to Sunday evening and calling the race our Sunday LT run. That will make Friday a rest/cross train day. I think I will sleep all day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your idea of XT! Good luck with the tri Saturday. I'll miss running with you Monday in Franklin.

Lisa said...

Hope you guys do great on Sat! :)
Lisa

jen said...

Wow I didn't know you could just put a hitch on your car? We are looking at racks and a hitch rack would be perfect, but we have no hitch. Huh....

Good luck this weekend!! :)