Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Nine Miles – Check

On tap for today, a 9 mile general aerobic run. I met Lana at the Rec center at 5:00am. We had no planned route so just headed out.
My heart rate got a little high fast due to a small hill right at the start. So we back off the pace a little. But when we got to mile 3 and were at 30:19, I could tell Lana couldn’t stand it. Nothing over 10:00/mile works for her. Sure enough she picked up the pace and I trudged along. We did a couple loops in neighborhoods in town then headed back to the Rec Center. We could NOT have planned it any better. We hit 9 miles just as we got back. It is small things like that that can really make my day. Final time 1:28:36, 9:51/mile. Average heart rate was 163 with a max of 180.

When I got home, I noticed my rear tire was flat AGAIN. I decided it was time to have the professionals have a look at it. I headed up to M’boro. The duct tape hadn’t held. They replaced the rim tape but they were all out of 650 tubes. Lucky for me I still had one left at home. I did really good this time putting the tire back on. I think I am getting the hang of it. I still don’t want to have to try it during a race. I am holding off on any happy dances until I see that I still have air in my tire tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you wish all of our flats could be front wheel flats?!? Sounds like you're keeping busy, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Good run... I think you are wise in not pushing the pace until the heat breaks.

Brooke said...

I hate car problems. Even if it's just a tire.

Great run BTW.