Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week 2 Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday

Week two of the Pfitz plan kicked off with an 8 miler Sunday night. Mike and Lana came to my house again but we ran a different route. I felt ok despite the two hard training days on Friday and Saturday. We spent most of the run talking about what kind of bike Mike should get. It made the run go by fast. We finished the 8 miles in 1:18:05 and then did 10X 100 strides.

Monday was a much needed rest day.

Today I met Lana and Joe at Lana’s house at 4:50 for our scheduled 10 mile run.

The loop from Lana’s is only 8 miles so we knew we needed to add on 2 miles somehow. At 3 miles Joe comes up with the idea to run and out and back down and UP Cracker Barrel hill. I was against the idea stating my heart rate would get too high and then I wouldn’t be able to keep up. But I have never been one to back down from a challenge so over to the hill we went.

I was right my heart rate went to 172 going up that hill. I still was able to hang with Joe and Lana for a few more miles. Then Joe ran with Lana then back to where I was then back up to Lana. At about 8 miles Lana must have started to slow down a little because I was able to catch her again. Joe ran on ahead and stopped at Lana’s street. Lana and I ran on past him for a short out and back to finish out our 10 miles. 1:38:05, 9:48 pace with a 157 average heart rate.

I haven’t decided if I am going to make toning class in the morning. Tomorrow is a rest/cross training day and I could really use the sleep, but we will see.

3 comments:

jen said...

Great job on the training runs, especially that hill. Way to go! :)

WHAT'S NORMAL? said...

Hey Nichelle: What an awesome blog. I just learned what one was. Dawn told me about it. I made one for myself. It's called Such Are The Dreams of the Everyday Housewife. You look great. Get me motivated to exercise and you've really done something. Let me hear from you.

WHAT'S NORMAL? said...

Oh I forgot, it's Susan, Dawn's friend. Your new name is Nichelle. I think I'm addicted to this blogging stuff. I hate housework, but I love this.q