Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Week 4 Day 4- Humidity Returns

We have had no rain this summer. All the corm around here is dead. We finally got some rain Friday night, then some more Saturday night. This morning my dog wanted out at 2:00. I knew as soon as I opened the door that this morning’s run was going to be tough. I don’t know what the humidity was (Lana hasn’t posted her BIM report) but it was high.
I met Lana at her house at 4:40am. The route from her house is 8+ miles and we needed 10. I made it clear I was NOT adding Cracker Barrel hill in this morning. It was only me and Lana so I didn’t get any argument. We headed out and felt the humidity right off. It felt like we were running faster but me ended up with just shy of a 10:00 pace.

Just wanted to answer some questions left in my comments:

I am doing the 18 week program. We are going for a sub 4 at Rocket City this December.

This is a fairly small town so we pretty much run anywhere. Lots of country roads. Yes, it is dark when we start. I have to run in the early morning. I have 2 kids and work part time.

2 comments:

Lance Notstrong said...

4:40am uhhhhh. Sounds like you guys are doing awesome. I can honestly say, I don't miss the marathon training this year!!!

jen said...

Nice job, especially in the humidity. And 4:40 am... :D You are awesome.