Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 4 - Behind

Here it is day 3 of week four and I am way behind on my blog. So in the interest of time I am going to keep this to just the facts.

Day 1- Saturday
Met Lana, Holly, Marge, Don and Mike at 8:30am for a ride. We rode a 40 mile loop to Wartrace and back. It was beautiful. Just enough hills to make it challenging but not so many that it was punishing. Don got a flat tire at 5.5 miles and I got to see a CO2 in action for the first time. I having been carrying that stuff around with me since I got my bike and still hope I never have the need for it.

Day 2 - Sunday
Sunday evening Lana, Holly, and Kim met me at my house and we ran 8 miles. It was a great run. 1:18:17 for a 9:47 pace. My average heart rate was 153. After the run, it was just me and Lana for 10 x 100 strides. I don’t know why Kim and Holly didn’t want to join us??

Day 3 - Monday
This morning was a 5 mile recovery run. So I ran at 5:15 this morning. I ran it alone and ran it SLOW. My legs were tired and I had no mojo. I am embraced to report an average pace of 11:20. But my average heart rate was only 137. Not pushing too hard.

My diet has been horrible again and I am getting it back under control starting right now. It is very frustrating to be running this much and still have to watch everything that I put into my mouth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My diet hasn't been great lately either. Starting a food log for my nutrition coach will hopefully get me back in line. Sounds like you're moving right along with the plan. Good runs.

Anonymous said...

This nutrition thing is the hardest part. I've ordered a couple of books on running and diet from Amazon...maybe that will help if I ever get around to reading them. (grin)

Marathon Maritza said...

I totally hear you on how much it sucks to have to be so wary of your diet when your run so much...me too.

Great job on your runs! Mind if I ask where you run at 5:15? Isn't it dark? I have to start making that transition as well...as the runs get longer, I'll have to get up earlier. Poo.

MNFirefly said...

Great job on the workouts. As for the diet, I can totally sympathize. That's what WW is for.