Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Small Steps

Today is a rest/cross training day. I didn't get up for class this morning. I needed the sleep. Then I cut the grass (the riding lawn mower part) and blew up a ton of dust since it is so dry. When I was done I grabbed a beer from the fridge and all chances of working out went out the window.

Despite the lack of workout today, I am closer to my goal.

Today we booked a room down in Panama City for the first weekend in November AND signed up as volunteers.

I got butterflies in my tummy just signing up as a volunteer, how am I going to feel when I sign up for the real deal? Ironman ’08 here we come!!!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Beer after yard work = the best thing ever!

TJ said...

signing up isn't too bad. the nausea will wear off pretty quickly and be replaced by the sudden urge to go train.....

Joe said...

Cutting grass and having a beer afterwards go together so well, don't you think? That beer makes the grass cutting bearable.

MNFirefly said...

Sleep is good. Nice cross-training!

Lauren Starks said...

you've got me thinking about volunteering - just for the experience...lol