Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Week 3- Days 3 & 4-They can’t all be pretty

Monday was a 4 mile recovery run. I couldn’t do it early because Ronnie was still out of town. After work it was still too hot so I waited until 7:15pm. My legs were tired from Sunday’s LT run and I felt them screaming for the entire 4 miles. 41:39 with an average heart rate of 148.

So this morning I met Lana and Joe at 4:45 at the Rec Center for a 10 miler. I had stomach issues yesterday and wasn’t felling 100%. I tried to drink some accelerade but it just wasn’t going down this morning. We decided on a route and headed out. Now this route was my idea and it has some hills including the Cracker Barrel hill we are always talking about. We started slow then picked up the pace. Lana and Joe kept picking up the pace and I gave up and just fell back. Along the way, I fell into a ditch. There was a car coming in each direction so I stepped onto the “shoulder” and just stumbled into the roadside ditch. I jumped up and ran in the grass until I could jump back across the ditch. Neither car seemed concerned where I disappeared to.

I finally made it back to the rec center where I had to do another small loop to get in my last 0.8 miles. Final time 1:40:17 and 152 average heart rate.

I had planned to meet Tracy at 9:00 for a ride but my legs were toast and my stomach wasn’t doing so good so I just went home and got the kids to school. I miss my bike and need to get some saddle time in, those 100 miles in a few weeks are going to HURT!!!!

7 comments:

Marathon Maritza said...

Great job getting the runs in! I found the recovery run to be the most painful one as well, what's up with that? I'm doing my first LT run this week, so we'll see how it goes.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Phil said...

I've got to follow your lead and start getting up early in the morning again. I admire your determination.

Lauren Starks said...

Great job on the runs! With this humidity, it's so hard to keep the motivation up!

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't hurt yourself falling in the ditch.

I saw on the Striders web site that the date for I Run For The Party has been moved. I guess because of the heat.

Lance Notstrong said...

I had to look at your schedule at first I thought maybe you were riding the Hotter N' Hell 100 in Texas.

MNFirefly said...

Great job on getting those runs in. Hang in there. I hope your stomach issues resolve.

jen said...

Nice job toughing out that 10 miler (with hills!). Take it easy, hope you're not coming down with something.