Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rest and Recovery

Yesterday was a rest day. So I just went to 5:30am toning class and skipped the usual pre class run.

Today was a 4 mile recovery run. I met Lana at the Rec Center at about 5:15. We ran the greenway loop twice. I was having trouble keeping my heart rate down and still keep up with Lana. We ended up with a 10:48 pace. My average heart rate was 148. After the run we went inside to swim. I did a 600 (since that is what the swim is at the race this weekend) and then 3 x 100 drills. Then I had to rush home to get ready for work and get the kids ready and to school.

Tomorrow is 12 miles. I am off work but am still going to get up met Joe and Lana to run at 4:30. We are having extremely hot weather right now and I think 12 miles will be taxing enough, no need to make it any tougher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any run outside in this heat is a good run no matter what the pace. Good luck Saturday.