Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week 3- Lactate Threshold Run

Today was the first lactate threshold run of this training program. 8 miles with 4 at 15k-half marathon pace.

Ronnie is in Memphis playing golf so I hired a sitter and told everyone we were starting promptly at 7:00pm. Lana called this afternoon and said she wasn’t going to make it. Joe and Mike were both prompt and we took off right at 7. We ran the first two miles nice and easy, picked up the pace for 4, and then ran the last two really easy. It was lightening the whole run and we even got about 10 rain drops. Don’t think that will help much around here.

I am happy with the run. My best half marathon was the Tom King in ‘06 at an 8:29 pace. Today’s run looked like this:
first two miles- 10:02 and 9:35
4 LT miles- 8:38, 8:45, 8:31 and 8:34
last two miles-10:18 and 10:05

I was planning to do a nice easy ride tomorrow afternoon after Ronnie gets home from his trip, but when I looked at the schedule I discovered I have a 4 mile recovery run to do. Guess I will be running late tomorrow and then getting up early Tuesday for 10 miler.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michele,
This is Lisa Smith. Looks like you had a productive Sun night run.
Good for you! I need a good lactate threshold run soon!

The lightening & thunder scared me. I did a slow 4 miler finishing in 39:05. My left shin is sore so I didn't want to over do it anyway.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice job, Michele...you are coming on strong here lately. I think this plan rocks! If we could only get more swimming and biking time in...

jen said...

Nice! Your Tempo pace was right on. Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job on the tempo run... I always think the first mile at tempo is the hardest.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job, Michele. Great pace!