Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Following the PLAN

I am still fighting this head cold. But didn’t let it stop me. I had to get my hair done this morning so it was 11:30 before I headed out for my scheduled 30 minute run. It was about 40 degrees but there was a mean wind. Once again I over dressed. I am too use to the early morning runs and never know how much I need to wear in daylight.
I ran 3.32 miles in the 30 minutes, 9:02 pace. I didn’t feel great and the wind was awful.
After the run, I changed and rested for 30 minutes. Then I got on my trainer for an hour. Lucky for me there was a movie on that kept me distracted, otherwise I don’t think I could have finished the whole hour. I was slow but got the time in.
I got my room booked in Panama City today for race weekend.
Haven’t found the perfect top yet but I have time for that still.

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Nice run though! Sounded pretty successful, even though you were overdressed!

Phil said...

9:02 is a great pace! Congrats. I'm learning that running in the cold is very tricky indeed. Heat is easy. You wear as little as you can get away with and stay hydrated. But running in the cold is entirely different and very hard to figure out to wear, especially if the sun will be coming up while you're out.

Nice run

jen said...

Great workouts. I hope you shake that cold soon!

TriShannon said...

Get well soon! Nice run and great work sticking it out on the trainer!