Sunday, December 17, 2006

All I Need for Christmas…

is some will power. I just can’t seem to say no to all the chocolate and junk food everywhere. My diet has been horrible lately. At least I have squeezed in a few runs.

Friday morning I got up at 4:45 and ran 3 loops around my neighborhood and 2 around Amberwood. It was cold and boring. 6 miles in 58:08, 9:41 pace.

Then the kids had to go to school for a whole 30 minutes. They each had a gift exchange in their classrooms and then gave their teachers their gifts. I took the kids to Cracker Barrel for breakfast after that. Bacon, eggs, and grits. The calories are just adding up.

Friday night was my son’s birthday party. Pizza, chips, cake, and lazer tag, oh my!

Saturday we had cheerleading pictures at 9:15 and a game at 10:00. My dad called while were cheering and said he was coming down for a visit. That meant rest day for me.

We had a great visit with my dad. It was about 70 degrees out so we got to play outside. I wish December could stay this warm. My dad gave the kids some money for Christmas. It was burning a hole in their pockets so we had to go to Wal-mart where they each picked out a toy.

Then we went to the Mexican restaurant where I had margaritas and chip. Another bad diet choice.

I got up at 6:15 this morning to run before Ronnie left for the golf course. Since it was light, I got to run my 6 mile route instead of just circles in my neighborhood. It took 55:22, 9:13 pace.

This week I am going to work harder on my diet. I am not off to a very good start since I have had left over birthday cake for breakfast and lunch.

11 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there, Michelle. This is a time of the year where I go with the flow. It's harder for me because I am still training for a marathon. I try to be good, but I know that I start over the next day.

Anonymous said...

Some days are tougher than other. Have you decided on your Spring schedule. I leaning toward the tried and true, Tom King and th Country Music.

Joe said...

I thought one of the reasons for exercising was so that you could eat all of that junk food! Don't sweat it!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

ya NO Biggie Michele on the food, you know what to DO and you have been logging in your miles ... you will be done soon with that junk food... tough time of the year and you been doing - B- day parties and what will u drink with chips, Water? (barf)

I will send you a Box of WILL power anyways, it will probably last you into 2008 ... you won't need to much...

just make sure the you don't post any pics of your TRAINER with laundry drying on it, then we may have some trouble--lol

take care, Bob

Phil said...

Ah Grits ... at least you can get grits. Come out this way and people will look at you real funny if you mention them. They're clueless for the most part.

Anyway, grits are great; something like 27g of Carbohydrate per cup.

As for food. This will sound dumb ... but I started journaling using FITDAY. If you're like me, you're more concerned with cramming eneough carbohydrates into your diet. Journaling using an on-line tool is an easy way to make sure you are getting eneough nutrition to power all those early morning runs.

Good luck.

Kate said...

Oh, I know that feeling!! I tried to clean up my diet pre-Xmas but I haven't at all and it's summer here so I have no excuse!

I too am a fitday addict.. I find it gets me a little OCD sometimes, but it helps me get perspective!

Brooke said...

I have been doing bad also, I agree with everyone else, it's that time of year.

:) said...

Hey, at least you haven't stopped running. We will make it through this season and then we will be okay....right?

Joe said...

Tag, you're it.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Merle Haggard was right...
"If we make it through December...everything's gonna be all right."

Lance Notstrong said...

You need to play lots of lazer tag at the b-day to burn off the calories :-)