Monday, December 18, 2006

Good Intentions

I started the day off with great intentions. I got up at 4:45. It was dark so I had to stick to the small loops. But I ran, 6 miles in 56:17, 9:22 pace.
For breakfast, I had a whole wheat bagel, toasted but plain.
For lunch, my boss took us all out for Christmas. I ordered a salad with grilled chicken and skipped the rolls (that’s HUGE for me).
We got back to the office and they had chocolate cake for me for my birthday (which they insist is tomorrow, even though I celebrated it back in May*). Everyone was too full from lunch so we just put it in the fridge.
Hey this will power thing isn’t so hard.
Then... the cad tech’s mom showed up with another batch of Oreo balls. I ate 3. This same cad tech also gave me a bottle of wine for Christmas, which I have uncorked and am enjoying right now.
Bob can you overnight that box of will power, I am desperate!!!

*I have searched high and low for the post where I explained why I celebrated my birthday back in May but I can NOT find it.
I did the GJCC Triathlon May 29th and per the “age up” rule; they wrote a 38 on my leg. I figured since they considered me 38 I might as well have my birthday. It was great, I got to sit by the pool and enjoy a few cold beverages. No one else bought into this summer birthday thing, just me and the USAT. So now here it Dec and everyone thinks it is my birthday but I refuse to celebrate. Come May and the first triathlon of the season, they will write a 39 on my leg and then I will celebrate again.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Nothing wrong with a little wine every night. It's only 20 calories an ounce. Plus, you did great staying away from the high calorie junk foods ... so I'm seeing plenty of will power on your part.

I think the birthday post you remembered was from 19 May 06. I used the google search function at the top of your blog to find it.

Even though you aren't officially celebrating your birthday on Tuesday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

i am Susan said...

Ah Geez...what's a few Orea Balls and some wine...It's Christmas time. You did pretty good...I am sure I would have 10 oreo balls...they sound good!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

already sent large BOX out a few days ago...

Here is the UPS tracking # 1329491NO191801WILL18489571290POWER56892839293HELP97795101ME712912992100

you should have it tomorrow morning!!

Bob :-)
PS: GRRRRRRRRRRR THIRD word Verf. attempt and I am NOT drinking any WINE... well one more attempt and I will break out the bottle-lol

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy Birthday Michele!!! We need to do some celebrating in you honor....and I think you are obsessing too much about your diet. Give yourself a break through Christmas...you can get serious after the new year.