Thursday, December 21, 2006

Planning

Due to extreme coughing, I did not work out today.

So I am in bed with my laptop and calendar planning 2007.

If it doesn’t get too cold I am thinking about a 10 miler on February 3rd and a half marathon on February 17th. This year it snowed for the half. If it is snowing, I will be at home in bed.

In March there is the Tom king half marathon on the 17th.

April is the Country Music half marathon. I don’t think I am running it. The kids might do the kids race on Friday and Ronnie the half on Saturday. It is just too much trouble getting child care.

May 5th is the “I Run for the Party” 5k and the 20th is the Memphis in May Olympic distance tri.

In June there is the Mach Tenn Sprint Distance Tri on the 2nd, the R/C Cola Moon Pie 10 miler on the 16th,, and the McMinnville Sprint Tri on the 23rd.

July offers the Waterfront Oly Tri that I don’t know if I will make and the Cedars sprint Distance that was my first ever Tri in 05 so I HAVE to make it.

August 4th is a Du and the 19th an oly. If they don’t change old timers Day there will be a 5k at the end of August.

September is up in the air. There is the music City Oly on the 16th. In 06 that was the same weekend as the MS FedEx Rock ‘n Roll Ride from Graceland to Tunica and back. I loved the Music city race but think I want to try the MS ride in 07. To make things even more complex, the Atomic man half iron is the 16th. If I am going to attempt a half iron in 07, it is going to be the closest.

I guess I will attempt to break 4 hours in Memphis at the St. Jude marathon in December, unless I can find a more appealing marathon.

I know other things will pop up and some of these just won’t happen but I have them on the calendar for now.

8 comments:

Phil said...

You really plan way ahead Michele! Of course, our racing season is just now if full swing and I won't start planning the next 12 months until May '07.

Before you lock down your entire calendar, you might want to think about taking on a more aggressive running program in order to drive yourself down below 4 hours and then work a few additional training races into the program. Specifically, I'd recommend that you look at running more 5Ks and 8Ks (beside the "Run for the Party") as your prepare for your next marathon. There's nothing like pushing yourself in an all out sprint for 3.1 miles to understand what it means to run fast. You did plenty of distance running this year, but you really didn't get a chance to find out what it meant to push the pedal to floor and run all out under race conditions (of course you did have to do the high hurdles at the Old Timers 5K). These short races take no recovery time and do wonders for you VO2max threshold. Just visualize yourself going across the finish line on a 5k with clock still reading 21:xx. It's a great feeling and I know you can do it.

I hope you're feeling better real soon and wish you a wonderful Christams with your family.

Anonymous said...

That is a full calendar....Makes me tired just reading your post. Right now, I'm planning on doing the Tom King and the Country Music full.

E-Speed said...

happy belated birthday!

Looks like an exciting year!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

SHAKE that Cough !!!!!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Lance Notstrong said...

My calendar is almost always "tentative" :-)

Kate said...

I'm exhausted just thinking about your racing next year!

Have a great Xmas with your family :-)

MNFirefly said...

Get well soon, Michelle!

Rae said...

You do plan ahead!! I'm still up in the air about CMM, half or full??? I dunno, but I guess I need to decide before the end of the month when rates go up!!