Thursday, December 28, 2006

Trade Off

This morning when the alarm went off at 4:45, I just could not get out of bed. I reset the clock for 6:15, and then spent that hour and a half feeling guilty. I was not off to a good start on my quest to lose 20 pounds.

After work I thought about putting my bike on the trainer and trying one of the other 2 workouts on my new DVD, but Tracy called and twisted my arm to go to the movies. We took the kids to see Charlotte’s Web. And you know when you go to the movies, you have to have popcorn.

When we got home, I changed and went for a run before I could change my mind. It was cold and dark. So basically I just traded a cold, dark morning run for a cold, dark evening run.

I ran 6 miles in 56:32, 9:25 pace. I got a side stitch around mile two. That is the first time I have gotten a side stitch, must be from too much popcorn.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Very nice, Michelle!

Phil said...

Great job gettting out there on a cold, dark evening.

Rae said...

What did you think of CW? That was my abs fave book growing up. I swear I will bawl like a baby watching it on movies, all the memories!!!!