Saturday, December 23, 2006

Class and More Recovery Running

Friday the plan was to get up and run 6 miles then go to Joyce’s cardio/toning class. The dog woke me up at 6:28, two minutes before my alarm was set to go off. When I let the dog out, I saw it was raining. I am not “in training” right now so I don’t have to run in the rain. I got back in bed. I did make it to the cardio/toning class. It was a good class but I was surprise how much easier the cardio segments were for me. It has been about 18 months (and two marathons) since I have done this class.
This morning I got up at 8:00 (slept in after Ronnie’s Christmas party last night). It was nice to run in the sunshine. I ran the 6 mile route in 57:11, 9:31 pace. I just can’t seem to make myself run any faster these days. I am going to milk this “recovery” for all it is worth.
I have my alarm set for 5:30 tomorrow and plan to get up and run 6 miles before church tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Phil said...

Michele .. nice recovery running. It's difficult to get moving this time of the year under the best of conditions. The fact that you are still dragging your butt out of bed for a 6 mile shows your true strength. Have a great Christmas with your family. You have time eneough to get re-focused in January.

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the class.

jen said...

Merry Christmas Michele! :)