Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Running in Circles

This morning I got up at 4:40 so that I could be at the Rec Center when they opened at 5. Have I mentioned how much I HATE running inside??? I did 3 miles on the little 1/12 of a mile track. I ran the 3 miles in 27:41:58. There is this one guy who insists on walking very slowly in the outside lane. It becomes a real hassle when he gets next to other walkers and they are stretched 3 or 4 wide across the track. I am sticking to outside running.
After my 3 miles I went downstairs to toning class. (Toning class is an hour long class where we do light hand weights with high reps. Sometimes we also use medicine balls and bands. The goal is overall toning). It was a good class and we did lots of abs too. There were some new people in class this morning so she took it a little easier on us, don’t want to scare off the fresh meat right away.

6 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

MICHELE WROTE:There is this one guy who insists on walking very slowly in the outside lane. It becomes a real hassle when he gets next to other walkers...

OK here's how U handle this one Michele, and u can get away with it better then me...u plow him over from behind and then "SINCERELY" say O MY Gosh I am SOOOOO SORRY are U OK... I didn't SEE YOU!

That will work, TRY IT :-) he won't be in that outside lane ever again.

Toning class looks pretty TIGHT -haha

Dubs said...

I'm impressed - good job!!

OK - you MUST post after you follow Bob's advice. I double dog dare you!!

Phil said...

Running inside on a short flat track is tough eneough. Navigating through walkers adds a dimension I just couldn't tolerate. Hope you can get back outside soon.

Cool trainer! Looks like fun.

TJ said...

the only thing that forces me to run indoors is extreme weather.

get out of there and let the walkers have it.

jen said...

That 1/12 mile track sounds like torture. I'm mostly impressed that you can keep count of how many laps you've done!

I'm really impressed that you are so active so soon after the marathon. You're making me look bad! Just kidding, great job. :)

Lance Notstrong said...

When a walker is in your way, just "flick" their ear with your finger everytime you pass them. Eventually they will get the message and move :-)