Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas



The reindeer food has been put out in the yard and cookies for Santa are on a plate. The kids are hoping that despite their fighting Santa will stop by our house. I am not so sure that he will.

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Christmas!!!

I got up this morning, after hitting snooze once, and ran 6 miles. It was dark so I stuck to the short loops. Boring!!! It was cold and I ran slow, 57:39 (9:36 pace). Now I can justify eating all that food tomorrow.

Phil, I wanted to tell you thanks for your advice. The reason I don’t have many 5K’s on my schedule is because there is only one 5K done locally, Old Timer’s Day. So to run a 5K I have to drive to Nashville, it is really hard for me to justify driving an hour each way just to run 3.1 miles.

6 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Merry Christmas Michele to U and your family

Anonymous said...

Marry Christmas!

Rae said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope your adorable kids got lots of goodies. And you too!!

I can hardly justify getting up to drive to local 5Ks, much less driving an hour for a 5K!!!

Brooke said...

Merry Christmas Michelle!!

Phil said...

Michele .. With due respect to Rae ... a 5K race it's more than a 3.1 mile run ... especially when you're trying to get under 22. It's going to take some focus. Plus, you've got more than just the race itself to run. You've got a warm up (3.1 miles ?), the race itself and the cool down (again - 3.1 miles). With a little imagination, you've got a 9 miler with a heck of a fast tempo run in the middle and as you get faster, the hydration table is still out for your cool down lap (when you really could use it)

The other way to do more 5Ks is to talk Lana into running a full out 5K with you over a course of your chose near your house. It will far easier to keep up the tempo with two of you going all out, then all by yourself.

Anyway ... have a great week (I hope you're off work).

MNFirefly said...

Merry Cbristmas, Michelle.