Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It is Back

My kids decided to give me back my cough for my birthday. I am hacking away again. Thanks guys.

Yesterday I did nothing that could even be called cross training. Ate more cake, then took the kids out to eat, and the movies. (Ronnie was having poker at our house so we had to be gone).

This morning I got up at 4:45 for my 6 mile run. This is the first run in a long time that I just wanted to quit. I passed my house at around two and a half miles. If it had been three I would have stopped. I trudged on. It was very slow. I don’t have my Garmin handy but I think it was 59 minutes and change.

When I got home I took some MucinexD for this cough and climbed back in bed.

I called my boss and told him I would be late. My daughter has the cough too and I wanted her to get as much sleep as possible.

I made it to work at 9:30 and sitting in my chair was a tin of Christie Cookies.

Bob, I checked that tracking number and the box of will power has been delivered, just not to me. Someone else is enjoying a much healthier Christmas season while I ate 5 cookies this morning!!!!!!

8 comments:

LoneStarCrank said...

Clone whatever willpower is in Bob's box and give it to the rest of us.

Make the madness of Christmas treats stop!

jen said...

Great job on your running lately, Michele! I am anxious to get back out there but my knee is still bothering me... so I'm running vicariously through you. :)

Meanwhile, I also lack will power and am indulging way too much. At least you are running! Uggh.

I hope you feel better soon!

Lance Notstrong said...

I wish there was some sort of "bizarro athletic world" where eating cake was considered cross training. I would be cross training all the time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great birthday. I'm sure that getting a cough was not on your list of presents.

This time of year it is hard to resist all the sweets. But I will say you would have to be super human to not give in to Christie Cookies! They are the best!

MNFirefly said...

I hope you get rid of the cough soon so you get back running.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

what can BROWN do for you!!! What BS!! I use UPS because of there reliability and they send that WILL POWER box to someone else...GRRR

OK here is PLAN B.... U ready? can U handle Plan B Michele??

((((STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Eatingggggggggggggggg Da
Cookiesssssssssssssssss))))

LOL

I hoped that helped!!

I had two reeses peanut butter cups today... and I am OK with it... no worries here...I enjoyed those dang cups--YUMMY... and will burn those suckers offfff quick!!

so that is your Plan C...enjoy ur cookies and cake BUT u have to train harder :-)

Happy B-Day!!

Bob

Phil said...

You are hard core - to get up and run and then call your boss to tell him you'll be late because you aren't feeling well shows the kind of determination most of us can only expire to reach.

As for your diet - I'm only going to tell you once: Step away from the cookies. They are not your friends.

Hope you're feeling better very soon.