Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A Missed Run and A Slow Run

Yesterday morning we got awaken at 6:00 by my son yelling “Santa Came!!!!”. We all got up and checked out all the goodies Santa brought. Then we ripped open all the other packages under the tree.
I was going to run but it started raining really hard. I held off on my shower and getting dressed hoping that the rain would stop. Then it was time to get everything cooked, and then eat. I never got a run in. Heck, I never got out of my jammies.

It was a great Christmas.

This morning I got up at 6:15. It was cold and misty out. I ran a VERY SLOW 6 miles. The wind picked up on the second half of the run. I felt like it has been months since I ran not just 48 hours. The 6 miles took 59:43, 9:57 pace. My average heart rate was 150, wasn’t really pushing myself. Oh well, at least I burned a few calories. Good thing too, since I had pumpkin pie for breakfast.

6 comments:

jen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday! :) Good job getting out there this morning.

MNFirefly said...

Nice run!

Papa Louie said...

The kids are what really make the holiday. It's such a joy to see them all excited about christmas.

Brooke said...

Pumpkin Pie for breakfast and never getting out of your jammies. Sounds like success to me!

Phil said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Don't know if I'd be out running in anything I had to describe as cold, misty and windy. Great run.

BTW ... I had cherry pie for breakfast this morning. Perhaps we're starting a new runner's diet craze.

Rae said...

Sounds like a great Christmas!! We've been couch potatoes the whole holiday and I'm really starting to enjoy it!