Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Game On

This morning I got up at 5:00. It was cold and dark. I ran an uneventful slow 6 miles in 56:24 (9:24 pace).

Today Dawn and I decided that we need motivation. So we have promised ourselves a girls’ trip to someone warm with a beach once we each lose 20 pounds. Dawn, I am going to be pestering you daily. You better get that treadmill dusted off and put down that beer.

When I got home from work today (yes, I had to go back), I tried out my new cycling DVD. It was 1:15 of endurance training. I am not nearly as impressed with this one as my No Mercy DVD but I was still soaked when I was done so I had to have burned a calorie or two. Now I just need to stay away from the pumpkin pie!

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

If you need help to get away from pumpkin pie, send up here with me. :D

Dubs said...

Sounds like a workout that would have had me exhausted!

I'm back at work too, but at least everything is quiet since everyone else is on vacation! Now if I could just get the cable company to work and fix this outage! :)

Phil said...

I think we've all been on an high calorie diet for the past week. Once I get through January 1st, I think we'll all get back to eating right ... at least I ran out of cherry pie this morning, so my breakfast choices are more limited.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

The last time I lost a lot of weight for a trip, we went on a cruise and I gained 6 lbs before we got back home...don't do anything all inclusive like that! I do much better when I have to pay for what I eat.

Rae said...

Oooh! Can I get in on that? If you guys lose 20 pounds I can come too???