Thursday, June 29, 2006

3 is Better then Nothing

I am in Memphis visiting friends. I got up this morning and ran on Dawn’s treadmill. This was my first treadmill run in a long time; I avoid the treadmill as much as possible. I started out planning to run 6 miles but I ended up only running 3. I have a whole list of excuses, my bad diet yesterday making the top of the list. It was very hot in the sunroom that Dawn keeps the treadmill, after I finished running she told me that she keeps the door open when she runs in there. Also quitting when on the treadmill is just too easy, you don’t have to get back home.
After my run, I got cleaned up and we took the kids to the zoo. It was 98 degrees out so we didn’t get to see everything. The kids all where so hot and it just was too much effort to drag them around. So we came home and mixed up some strawberry-banana smoothies (with coconut rum). Going to chill out while the kids are quite!!!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

My hubby lived in Memphis for quite a while during and before college. It can be a fun town, but so hot!!! Enjoy your vacation.

JamieW said...

Have a great vacation. I had my first treadmill experience in a while yesterday too--they are evil.

Joe said...

Indeed, 3 IS better than nothing. Treadmills are bad for quitting early.