Tuesday, June 06, 2006

8 miles

I got up at 6 this morning after staying up WAY too late reading blogs. Congrats to all of those that ran the San Diego Marathon Sunday.
It was perfect running weather this morning. I thought my MP3 was dead but I finally managed to get it working. I did the Baker Heights/Danbury loops and added on the Maple Springs and Amberwood loops to make 8 miles. The first mile I did in 8:30. Then I got slower but I managed to finish strong. Total time was 1:10:59 for a 8:52 pace.
It looks like it is going to a beautiful day. Got some yard work that needs my attention and the kids are already asking to swim. Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

How do you run that fast all by yourself? Dang! Nice pace.

Joe said...

Nice time on the 8 miler! And wow...yard work and a long run on the same day? You're certainly a glutton for punishment. I usually leave the yard work for my (so-called) rest day.

Brooke said...

Awesome time Michele!! I am also guilty of reading blogs when I should be doing more important things (like sleeping). Oh well, I'm addicted. What can I say?