Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Make Up Classes

I spent the better part of yesterday beating myself up for two days of slow runs. The kids were exhausted so we just spent the day inside lying around. Casey even took a 3 hour nap. So at 5:30 last night I decided to go to the 6:00pm toning class. I called up to the Rec Center to make sure Cindy was teaching. They assured me she was. So I loaded up the kids and headed to the Rec Center. Once I got there I found out Joyce was teaching, that was great news. She did an awesome toning class. I really did not think she could make my legs THAT tired!!! Yoga class was next so I decided to give it a try too. Again Cindy was not there so the “real yoga” teacher was filling in. First thing she did was turn off the lights and tell us to lie down and relax. “Let all feeling of competition and judgment leave your body.” Hell if it wasn’t for competition and judgment my butt would have been at home on the couch. I got some good stretching, which I needed after that toning class, but I still find yoga to be too slow for me. When we got home Casey wanted to go for a bike ride. The kids rode their bikes and I ran/walked along. We did the one mile loop.

This morning I got up at 4:45 to meet Lana, Kim and two of Kim’s cyclist friends, Ray and Tisha. We left Lana’s house at about 5:15 and did an out and back on Highway 41. I had to check out this Watermelon Hill. On the return part of the ride Ray finally spoke up and gave me some tips. He said he was afraid to say anything because I have a “really nice bike” and he thought I had been riding for a while. When I told him that I had had the bike for less then a year he rode beside me and helped me understand when and why to change gears. We also stopped so he could raise my seat. He said it still needs to go up a little higher but for me to get use to the inch he raised it first. I hope that I can remember to “spin” vs “push” when I am out there alone and more importantly during a race!

After the 19.52 miles on the bike I convinced Lana to run with me. We ran half a mile out 41 in the other direction and back to her house then I ran another half mile out the direction we biked and back for a total of 2 miles in 16:10. Now that is more like it!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure did make up for any "missed opportunity" today.

Joe said...

> Hell if it wasn’t for competition and
> judgment my butt would have been
> at home on the couch.

Hehe! Same here.

Trisaratops said...

Man, you and Lana are two speedy chicks! :)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I enjoyed the ride today! Maybe next week they'll meet us for our Normandy loop! Or since they are the real cyclists...maybe they have ideas of their own. It was too cool to be riding in a pack like that!!!

Brooke said...

Wow. Great workout day for you.

Rae said...

Oh come on!! Competition gets my butt out the door 4-5 days a week!!!