Thursday, June 22, 2006

Snooze

I hate the snooze button and never use it. My husband, on the other hand, sets the alarm for 6:00 and hits snooze until at least 6:36 everyday. Most mornings I am gone while all this alarm ringing is going on, but this morning I was only planning on a 3 mile run so I didn’t need to get up until 7:00. By 6:18 I couldn’t stand it and got up, got ready, and left for my run. Since I have the tri on Saturday, I wanted to do an easy 3 miles today. I did just that. 3 miles in 27:59, 9:20 pace.

The kids and spent the afternoon outside playing in the pool yesterday. After they got tired I decided to swim some laps. Bryce wanted to go inside and Casey wanted to “help” me. I got the diving sticks and explained to her again how to count my laps. Either I didn’t explain it good or I was swimming VERY slowly. I swam 400 yards in 11:30. I hope she counted wrong otherwise I am in serious trouble for the race Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great Saturday. Guess what I got brave and did yesterday evening? I made myself get on that Quintana Roo of Lana's & ride 3 miles out on hwy 41. I am thinking I need some serious cross-training. Otherwise I'll be in a wheelchair by the time I'm 30 if I continue to pound the miles out on my feet!! Too bad those things are so expensive.

JamieW said...

My husband is the same way with the snooze. Fortunately, the only thing he likes better are old fancy(looking) clocks and he now has one with no snooze :)

teacherwoman said...

Only a couple more days! Exciting!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I am with Ronnie on the snooze button. It never feels right when I have to get out of bed without hitting snooze atleast once.

SRR said...

Oh honey...kids always count wrong. Great 3 miles! Good luck this weekend!