Thursday, June 01, 2006

Swim, Talk, Swim

Today I went to the Rec Center pool at 6:00am and swam 1250 yards in 26:15. Well actually I swam 350 yards then stopped and talked to Lana who had just arrived (I stopped my watch while I was chatting) then I swam the rest (restarting my watch). I did not feel good in the water today. I have not gotten enough sleep and have drunk a few too many beers in the past several days. My friend Angie and her three boys have been in town from Memphis and my diet has been horrible. We had a great visit and the kids had a blast. (Thanks Angie for making the trip.) Now I have two days to clean up my act and get ready to race.
As I am typing this my son just pointed out a commercial on television for some ab machine. He says “Look mom that is what you need so you can get skinny.” I said “What is wrong with mama the way she is?” He told me I was “too wide”. Man, I love kids!!!!!

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I believe you have put that into Bryce's head - you look GREAT!!!

2 more days till Mach Tenn!!

Joe said...

Hehe, funny kid. My kid always tells me that I can't sing and would I please stop! BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog.

Rae said...

OOOOOOHHHH! I think that kid needs a grounding!!

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»