Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Missed Opportunity

I knew I should have gotten up and ran with Lana and Holly this morning but they were meeting at 5:15 and I didn't have to start until 6-ish. Also they were planning on 5 miles and I wanted to do 6. So I slept in and went with the solo run.
I got up at 6:00. It was a nice cool morning, I decided to take the less flat 6 mile route. It was uneventful and SLOW. I ran the 6 in 55:25 (9:15 pace). I have whole list of excuses prepared but won't bore anyone with what boils down to laziness.
Meanwhile, Lana and Holly smoked their run this morning. Should have gotten up!!!

5 comments:

Joe said...

You deserted Lana and Holly? What kind of running buddy are you? Just kidding. ;-)

Scott said...

Was the opportunity really "missed?"
These sports are individual sports. When it comes right down to it, it's you and the road. Your best friends are your running shoes, your bike, your swim goggles. Running with friends helps sometimes, but you got up and ran. You took the opportunity. Now, if your post had read "I stayed in bed all morning and missed my run" THEN I can see you calling it a "missed opportunity"...

Anonymous said...

At least you got to run this morning... When I went outside to get the newspaper at 5:30, I thought what a great morning to run...It was cool, clear, perfect. Instead, I ate breakfast and went to work.... I didn't get to run until after work. I'm the one that missed the opportunity.

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the 6 miles though! Better than I did!

Brooke said...

At least you went. That must count for something.