Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Can fog slow you down??

I mean, seriously, I’ve got nothing else.

I got up at 6:00 this morning to run 6. When I got outside, I saw how foggy it was. I took off on my run and noticed right away I was going slower and could NOT seem to get faster. I spent the entire run trying to pick it up but just could not maintain a decent pace. I ended up running 6 miles in 57:13, 9:32 pace. I am blaming the fog!!

Maybe I will go to toning class and yoga tonight to redeem myself, but then again maybe I won’t.

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Hey, at least you finished your 6 instead of turning around and giving up! Positives girl!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Tell me about it!! I was thinking the same over on Hwy 41! I got up at 6 a.m. too and intended on running 6, but after 3.5 realized that I was doing the 6.75 route. Oh well. I was majorly sucking air...and I thought I would die on the last mile. I even had to take off my shades because they were so foggy.

Anonymous said...

Your fog theory sounds reasonable to me!

Joe said...

I've got another theory -- your legs are probably still a little damaged (whether they feel like it or not) from the race you did on the weekend.

JamieW said...

Not sure if this is relevant but I have found it does effect the Garmin's accuracy.

Michele said...

My legs are not allowed to be tired, they have a race again this Saturday. I am sticking to the fog story.