Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nice Ride

Woke up this morning at 4:40 to meet my neighbor, Kim, to ride. Getting dressed I discovered my arms are sore. Not really sure if it is from the weed whacking or the digging up of fence posts that I did yesterday. Or maybe it is from forking Oreo Cream Pie into my mouth, gee wonder why my butt isn’t getting any smaller.

It was cool this morning and I am glad I went back in the house for long sleeves to put on over my bike jersey. I still went sockless and had frozen toes at the end but it isn’t bothering me to not wear socks just hope that it is really helping my transition time. We did the same loop that I have done by myself two other times. Part of that route will be part of the Star Rehab Tri in July so it is nice to get some practice on it. It took us 1:17:12 to finish the 20.25 mile loop.

Last night I signed up for the McMinnville Tri that is June 24th, another sprint distance.

Ronnie got his Golf calendar in the mail yesterday and he has another tournament July 22-23 and July 29-30. Cedars of Lebanon tri is July 29th and I am really wanting to do it this year since it was my first ever tri last year and I want to be able to compare (and beat) my times. Hope I can find a sitter.

5 comments:

Joe said...

> Woke up this morning at 4:40

I just about spilled my coffee when I read that! Good for you! I was still sawing logs at 4:40.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Your blog is a lot of fun to read.  Thanks for sharing your experiences.

(I feel that since you get up early in the morning to exercise I don't have to!)

You and Lana are inspiring me to add triathalon training to my workout plan.

Brooke said...

I love the feeling of sore arms. Especially when it's from eating pie.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Hey, maybe Team Magic will have child care for Cedars...then we could stay and play in the pool afterwards....if I do that one, that is.

Michele said...

They said just to let them know what races we were interested in child care for and if there is enough interest for that race they will provide it.
You HAVE to do Cedars. I think I have a sitter, so looks like I am good to go!!