Monday, June 05, 2006

Nature Calls

OK, I FINALLY did it. I have spent WAY too much time trying to get the pictures from the Mach Tenn into my blog. I don’t know if it was me or blogger but I have done the same thing over and over and for some reason it finally worked. I now have the pictures on my race report. Thanks again to Lana’s dad for taking them.

This morning I was moving VERY slow. I took 5 minutes to get out of bed after the alarm went off, then it took me another 15 minutes to get dressed and out the door to run. Then I had to come back in to change out the batteries in my garmin, only to find out after I got back outside that my MP3 was dead. I guess the batteries did not get charged. I just decided to go musicless. Finally I was off on my run. I was still moving slowly. After about 2 miles it hit me that I had to potty. I looped back toward home and ended up only running 4.17 of the planned six miles. The run took 38:29, 9:13 pace. Not my best effort.
I HAVE to get in a long run this week and a hill workout. Moonpie is less then 2 weeks away.
I guess I am going to commit to the McMinnville Tri and register this week. I ordered a new tri top today so I will have something to wear and I will be able to tell one tri picture from another.
I have forgotten to mention how wonderful my summer birthday was. OK, it sucks to have to say I am 38 seven months before I will actually be 38, but it was wonderful to sit by the pool in the hot sun on my “birthday”. My kids heard me explain before the GJCC Tri that “since they will be writing a 38 on my leg, I am going to go ahead and celebrate my birthday” So when I got home from the Mach Tenn, Casey looked at me with my body marking and said, “Mommy, did they think it was your birthday again?”

3 comments:

Brooke said...

We all have days like that. At least you got out there and tried.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

The "summer birthday" is a great idea!

I also turn 38 this fall.

Rae said...

Blogger has been a TOTAL pain with pics lately. It's been driving me BATTY!!!

Happy "un-birthday!!"