Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Morning Run Evening Classes

I don’t know what is up with all the fog lately but it was ANOTHER foggy morning. I got up at 5 this morning. I had my alarm set for 5:15 but Casey came in to get in bed with me at 5 because of a bad dream, then the dog decided she needed to go out. So by the time I could have gotten back in bed it was 5:10. Oh well, might at well go ahead and run.
I took my fuel belt for the first time in a long time. It took me a while to get use to it again. I started out my 12 mile run at a very slow pace. Fog theory???? The first two miles were just under 10 minutes each. The first 6 miles ended up taking 58:12 (9:42 pace) and the second 6 miles which are on the less flat part of the run took 57:16 (9:33). Yay me!!! Ok, that is not a very speedy run but at least I picked it up after such a slow start.
After spending the day poolside, I took Bryce to the doctor to find out nothing is seriously wrong with his ear. She gave me an Rx for some drops.
I went to Cindy’s toning and yoga class tonight too. I enjoyed her yoga a lot more.
Oh, I got signed up for the Waterfront Tri that is July 16th. My first Olympic distance.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

a negative split--you definately get a "yay you." Great job.

mouse said...

I too am a slow starter in the morning. I think it just takes a while to get my legs to wake up. I call it the morning wonkyness.

great job on the 12!