Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Getting Better

I didn’t make it to class yesterday, got tires for my van instead. Turns out no one showed up to teach the toning class so I am glad I didn’t make the effort to be there.

I got up at 5:00 the morning to meet Kim and Tisha for a ride. We did the Matt’s Hollow-Pomroy route. There were more dogs out this morning then normal but my Satan like screams kept them all away. We rode 20.25 miles in 1:12:32, an improvement from last time Kim and I rode the same route.

I was looking for marathon training schedules last night and could not get the Runner’s World one to work. The next one I found was 24 weeks which meant that I should have started this past Monday. The 20 week program I used for CMM was too long for me; no way could I handle 24 weeks. I finally found one that is 16 weeks and starts in mid-August. That is perfect timing for me because I will only have one or two tri’s left for the season so I will be ready to focus on running more again.

4 comments:

SRR said...

Oh Yay on finding a program to suit your needs!

Anonymous said...

I have used two of the training plans at halhigdon.com. Found these training plans on the New York Marathon site that look interesting. Hope it cools down before the long runs start.

JamieW said...

Nothing I hate more than yipper dogs chasing me... can only imagine what it is like on a bike.

Scott said...

The FIRST training plan that I use is AWESOME and lends itself to triathletes like yourself. It's three key running workouts a week with cross training on the other days.