Monday, June 19, 2006

Speed Work

According to my training log I have not done any speed work since April 3rd. The track at Westwood has been closed and I haven’t taken the time to go see if it is back open yet. I need some speed work so this morning I got up at 6:00 and improvised. The new neighborhood they are building near us has a flat half mile loop. I did a slow one mile run (10:10 pace) to a starting point on the loop. I had carried my water bottle over so I found a safe place for it and started my loops. 3:33, 3:37, 3:41, 3:36, 3:43 and 3:41. Loops 2, 3 and 5 where done in one direction while 1, 4 and 6 were done in the other direction. I forgot to change directions after 2 and 3, I did not intend to run them the same direction. After the 6th loop I caught my breath, got my water bottle, and headed home. The 1 mile run home took 9:41.
Kim and I had planned to go on a ride this afternoon at 5:45 but she called and canceled. I know I could have gone ahead alone but…well I don’t have an excuse other then laziness. The kids want to swim so I guess I am going swimming now.

1 comment:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice 800's!!! You haven't lost a step since April!