Sunday, June 11, 2006

Swimming in a Short Pool and Running in Hot Sun

Ronnie golfed yesterday morning. I didn’t have time to get up and workout before he left so I slept in!! The kids and I spent the day outside swimming, playing and cutting the yard. At about 5, I gave the kids and bath and parked them in front of the TV to “rest” since they would be up late at the drive-in. I went back outside and swam laps. The pool is 40’ long so I swam 150 lengths. It was harder then swimming in a longer pool because I had to turn so often and I would not allow myself to push off the wall. It took 53:04 for a total distance of about 1.1 miles. I loved swimming outside. Look forward to more swims here.
This morning I headed out for my run at about 10:00. It was HOT and sunny. There is no shade on my route so I was really feeling it. I stopped at about 2 miles at a house under construction where I saw a water hose but they had the water turned off so I was out of luck. I headed home for a total of 3 miles in 28:17 (9:26 pace). On my tenth of a mile cool down walk home I removed all my electronics and my visor. When I got to the driveway I pulled my shirt off then my shoes. Then I did something I have been dreaming about…dove into the pool. Man that felt GREAT!!! I just let myself float and cool off.

4 comments:

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I am so jealous! One of these days I'm gonna run to your house and finish up by diving in your pool!!

Michele said...

Anytime, you know where it is!!!

teacherwoman said...

Man, I wish I had a pool! I am very jealous! sounds like a great way to cool off!:)

Joe said...

Swimming outside on a hot day is the best! Can I borrow your pool?