Monday, April 03, 2006

Week 17 - Day 1

It’s Spring Break. It is also my babysitter’s birthday and she had plans so I am taking today off of work. I got up at 6:00 to run my 880’s. I was really feeling the effects of the time change (and the bad diet over the weekend) and almost went back to bed. We had a really bad storm last night and I was running alone this morning. I decided it would be better to run inside and if I ran inside I could wait and take the kids to the childcare room. But I talked myself into going ahead and getting it over with. On the way to the Rec Center I decided it was light and warm enough that I could run at Westwood. So I stopped at the gas station and got a bottle of water. I got to Westwood at about 6:30, ran a VERY SLOW lap then started my 880’s. I felt like I was running slow and just couldn’t get a rhythm but my times are ok. 1-3:44, 2-3:45, 3-3:38, 4-3:40, 5-3:35, and 6-3:39. I rested a lot less between sets since I was there alone and had no one to chat with. A man and his dog did show up to walk laps on the track while I was on my fifth set. On the last set my legs felt wobbly and I wanted to quit but now that I had an audience I had to finish strong.
This week we have 26 miles scheduled and the rest of the week is low mileage. I don’t know when I am going to run the long run but am hoping I can get a sitter for Saturday morning. I would like to get started at about 5:30 and Ronnie is leaving about 7 for a golf tournament.
Well, the kids have finally gotten up. Not sure what we are going to do today. I am sure I will have to listen to some begging to get in the pool. I told them they can swim when it gets up to 76 (it was 70 yesterday). They make a liquid solar blanket I would like to try so we might make a run to the pool store.

No comments: